Monday, July 15, 2013

Beautiful Gift

So I met someone a while back at bible study. He's a really nice guy, a year older than me, and loves God. So anyway, he asked me to go on a dirt bike ride with him this weekend. And I had a BLAST!
(Sore butt and radiator burn were totally worth it!) After I got home, showered, and settled into my bed, I couldn't help but think about what a relationship with this guy would be like. "Planning" it in a way. I had to stop myself.."That's really not fair, Ashleigh. You don't get to decide that." Whatever happens is up to God, so I can't try to picture what will happen. Besides, that takes the beauty out of any situation, don't you think? Even with planning out my day and focusing on completing my to-do list. If I focus on tasks, I lose sight of what God has planned for me. Everything that is happening around me God has specifically placed it there for me. The light breeze, the sunshine, the tweeting of the birds, easy conversation, a safe trip. All of it. It's ALL because of Him. That's the beauty of anything isn't it? He's planned it all for me. And I should embrace what He's given me, good or bad. Realizing that whatever He gives me is a beautiful gift. It seems to be the key to happiness. Knowing that God, who loves me indefinitely, has given me this life. No, I can't control it. But knowing that He does means I never have to plan my future, there's no need to worry or stress. I can just accept everything as it is and bask in whatever beauty He's placed for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment